With every other business taking advantage of modern technology, there’s no reason why restaurant businesses can’t also prepare for the future by using all the high-tech gadgets and technology now available.
Here are some of the ways technology can pave the way for a brighter future for your restaurant business:
- Table side digital receipts – diners love the convenience of being able to pay their bill online using a table side application, because they never have to wait for a bill, and they can pay right when they want to.
- Display screens in the kitchen – this makes it easier for servers and cooks to handle menu orders, and ensures that paper tickets are never lost. Digital displays can also feature the time an order was taken, so that older orders are prioritized
- Use cloud analysis – analyze data gathered from your kitchen screens to provide valuable feedback on the pacing and filling of orders, so you can have daily analysis on the volume of guests, total money spent, tips, labor cost, and more.
- Manage inventory digitally – track and manage your inventory with a mobile application so you can thoroughly understand your cost of goods sold and profitability
- Make use of hiring apps – there are mobile apps customized for hiring restaurant personnel which can also be used to train them, and these can decrease your total cost to hire, train, and retain valuable employees.